Thursday, December 23, 2010

Season Two!



You guys, for reals, can you believe it? By the time you read this, I will be heading to the airport and jetting out from Sri Lanka. Unbelievably, I've survived the first leg of my journey through the zaniness of South Asia. There have been some highlights - I know I'll never forget the food. Oh my lord do I love the food. There have been some low lights - from rat attacks to crushing loneliness. But I set out to change my life by leaving behind the corporate world and getting some human rights advocacy experience, all while throwing myself into the wild wild East and sobering up if at all possible.

So far, so good.

But fear not, friends and loved ones who I've guilted into reading along! The adventure continues! In fact, if anything, I'll be upping the ante to keep your attentions focused squarely on my ugly mug. This of this like Season Two of Dear Lonely Planet...you get to follow the characters you've come to know and love as they get themselves involved with increasingly less believable scenarios, plot twists and love triangles. The parties will be wilder (by definition, because there were no parties in Sri Lanka)! The awkwardness will be heightened (as I try to order lactose free food in broken French)! And we're even going to have some famous guest appearances!

That's right, my good friend and winner of American University's 24-hour film festival 2003, Joshua "Shwa" Losben has joined me to rock the rest of Asia in style! After eating our way through the serendib isle, Shwa and I will be dropping tires in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and adventuring for two straight weeks. Look forward to updates from the road as two uppity New York Hebrews spend Christmas in a predominantly Muslim country, trek through the jungle with our Cannon powershots and show off our sweet sweet abdominals on the beaches of Langkawai. There's gonna be laughs, probably some tears and no shortage of cheap arrack.

And if I have any say in the matter, I'll try to make sure there's a rat in my next apartment. Wouldn't want to get too lonely out Europe way.

No comments:

Post a Comment